This event was held Tuesday May 1, Noon - 3:45 pm, Marvin Center 3rd floor
Highlights this semester included:
- A lunchtime presentation by Lauren Rice, Programs Director, Latino Student Fund, and Maurice Cook, Founder/Executive Director, Serve Your City.
- Over 50 showcase presentations. During the Showcase Session, Symposium attendees are invited to explore multiple rooms of poster presentations, digital posters, art, engineering projects, and other displays representing the community impact and student learning from community-engaged scholarship. Click here for a list of Showcase Session presentations.
- Concurrent Sessions, including panel presentations and reflective discussions:
- Addressing Gender-Related Issues in our Community
- Talking about Inequity in Mass Incarceration: Lessons Learned from Service (Moderator: Dr. Phyllis Ryder, Associate Professor of Writing and Director of the Writing Center)
- Research Partnerships with DC Public Schools (Moderator: Morgan T Bowers, Senior Program Associate for Co-curricular Service, Honey W. Nashman Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service)
- Community-Based Scholarship in Action (Moderator: Wendy Wagner, Senior Program Associate for Community-Engaged Scholarship, Honey W. Nashman Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service)
- Social Innovation at GW (Moderator: Rachel Talbert, Graduate Coordinator, Community-Engaged Scholarship, Honey W. Nashman Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service)
- Many Pathways to Community Impact (Discussion Facilitators: Colleen Packard, Graduate Coordinator of the Civic House Scholars Program, and Scholars from Civic House)
- Operación Impacto (Discussion Facilitator: Dolores Perillan, Instructor, Spanish Literature and Director of Operación Impacto)