If the students in your course use their academic knowledge and skills to work in partnership with the community for the public good, we encourage you to have your course designated as a Community Engaged Scholarship course.
Courses may be submitted for designation at any time and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Allows students to find this opportunity through the registrar's schedule of classes (search by course attribute, “CES");
- Helps community organizations and community members identify you as a potential partner;
- Ensures your students' work is recognized and represented in the Nashman Center's reports and promotions
Submit Your Course:
- Submit your syllabus and the Course Designation Form (link below) by email to [email protected] or Wendy Wagner ([email protected]).
- Two Nashman Affiliate Faculty will review these materials against the Nashman Center's Standards of Community Engaged Scholarship. Their feedback will be shared with you.
- Upon approval for course designation, the GW Registrar will tag the course as a Community Engaged Scholarship Course.
- The Nashman Center will create a course page on Givepulse. We will also assign one of our student staff members to your course to help your students have a good learning experience.