Support for Community-Engaged Faculty
The Nashman Faculty Development Grants promote the development of new community engaged scholarship initiatives at GW, including courses, research, creative activity, and assessment of engagement outcomes. Proposals are accepted annually, on February 1st.
Funds are available to support:
- Development of new community engaged scholarship courses
- Faculty engagement in new community engaged scholarship activities with a community partner, including community-based participatory research, creative activities or other scholarly work
- Research/assessment on the outcomes of community engaged scholarship
- Individual or group professional development in community engaged scholarship
- Strategic planning for community engaged academic departments
Applications will be accepted from GW faculty who are regular full-time faculty, or part-time faculty with a demonstrated long-term commitment to GW. Initiatives in partnership with Washington, DC region organizations/partners will receive preference.
Faculty members are strongly encouraged to discuss your proposal ideas with Wendy Wagner, the Director ofCommunity Engaged Scholarship ([email protected]).
- Faculty Programs and Resources
- Grants, Awards, and Fellowships
- The Honey W. Nashman Center Faculty Awards for CES
- The Honey W. Nashman Center Faculty Awards for Community Engaged Scholarship
- Knapp Fellowship for Entrepreneurial Service-Learning
- Nashman Faculty Development Grants
- Nashman Prize for Community-Based Participatory Research
- Nashman Affiliate Faculty
- Nashman Faculty Newsletter
- Outcomes & Impacts