As part of the GW celebration of the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members are invited to participate in a day of service and leadership development. Last year, over 400 participants gathered virtually for the opening program with keynote speakers and headed to virtual service sites and workshops.
This year, MLK Day of Service and Leadership 2022 will take place in-person with virtual options on Monday, January 17, 2022. For our 26th anniversary, we will offer in-person service, both on-campus and in the DC community, as well as virtual service options for you to choose from. Registration is open to GW students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members.
- 10:30am ET - Registration opens – University Student Center
- 11:00am ET - 11:45am ET - Opening Program & Keynote Speakers - University Student Center
- 12:00pm ET - 1:00pm ET - Lunch (provided) and Travel to service sites
- 1:00pm ET - 4:00pm ET - Service and workshops; return travel to GW
Contact us at [email protected].
MLK Day of Service and Leadership is sponsored by the Honey W. Nashman Center for Civic Engagement & Public Service, with support from the Multicultural Services Center and the Office for Diversity, Equity, and Community Engagement.
- Annual Events
- Alternative Breaks
- AmeriCorps VISTA
- ArtReach GW
- Civic House
- Community Service and Engagement
- GW Responds
- GW Votes
- Grant Opportunities
- GWupstart Commissioners
- Community Engagement Consulting